Friday, February 20, 2015

MOJO as Media Center: Prime Video Doesn't Work


All I wanted was to make my M.O.J.O console into my one-stop entertainment center: mainly stream videos, watch my local media, and also play few android games from time to time. Apps like Kodi, Youtube, Google Play Movies and NBC perform without a glitch. TV apps such as RT America, TV5, and France 24 also work like a charm. Unfortunately, this is not the case for more popular streaming apps like Prime Video and Crackle.

With Prime Video,
found via Amazon Underground, I can browse the movie selection with ease. But as soon as I click on a title, it crashes. Crackle, on the other hand, is a total failure. The app crashes as soon as the icon is selected. Prime Video happens to be the only streaming service I am currently subscribed to. So you can feel the disappointment, what a letdown! I haven't tried Netflix yet, but it would be a total shame if it did crash too.









Back in 2015, there was a workaround to watch Prime Video on android through the Dolphin web browser by enabling adobe flash player. It seems Amazon joined the bandwagon to drop it though. So no more luck with this trick. And since Silverlight can't be installed on Android, I feel like I've been cheated on. Amazon, you've got billions of dollars, and yet your app developers fail to deliver a working app. Those capitalist liars.

I would've blamed Mad Catz for selling one half-baked device one year ago; however, Amazon is the culprit. Why? They are the ones who state that ALL android devices are supported for their Prime Video App. The MOJO is currently on android 4.2..2. So according to them it should work. Check the snapshot for proof if you don't believe me.

Amazon's page clearly states ALL android devices are supported


Shame on you Amazon! That is until you deliver what you claim. To be fair, Prime Video worked excellently on my Roku 2. But because I want to consolidate my devices and what they claim is false, shame on them! Also, while we're at it, shame on Mad Catz for seemingly abandoning this wonderful device and not providing promised firmware updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment